Nov 14, 2017
Fenton Mitchell, the founder of our company was fascinated by bees. He often talked about honeybees and their importance to the ecosystem. He kept hives on his property and the honey in this jar was a gift he and his wife liked to give friends and family when they visited his home.
Bees have special meaning at CX&B. Our bee logo is a reminder of Fenton and the principles by which we operate our company. Some facts about bees that Fenton loved to share are:
- Honeybees never sleep.
- Honeybees are the only insect that produces food for humans.
- Honey is the ONLY food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including water.
- Honey never spoils.
- Honeybees travel up to 3 miles from their hive.
- Honeybees are responsible for pollinating about 80% of all fruit, vegetable and seed crops in the U.S.
- Bees communicate by dancing and using scents.
- Honey bees fly at 15 miles per hour
Bees are an essential part of the health of our planet and their numbers are decreasing. Fenton talked about how challenging it was to keep his hives healthy and thriving. Now and then a hive would encounter an unexpected threat where only a creative solution would properly diagnose and fix the issue. He often used these situations as teaching examples when stressing the importance of a growth mind set.
The jar of honey represents our growth mindset, diligence, and loyalty to the hive. It’s a reminder of the importance of our work in serving others.